Monday, September 28, 2009

Wisdom-Granting Power

5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
6
Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."
8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"
And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" -Isaiah 6:5-8

Today's verses remind me of God's amazing power which has the ability to give us wisdom. When we allow God to truly transform our lives, we can somehow see things so much more clearly. He is working in us, and we know so much more of His heart. Isaiah recounts how the seraphs in all their power went over and touched his lips... and the great power of the Lord allowed his lips to be cleaned. And only after that, was he able to wisely respond to God's calling... "Here I am. Send me!" Obedience and wisdom come when we allow God to transform us, to cleanse us of our sins.

Right now, Lord, I pray that You transform me. Take over my life with Your holy power and show me where You will send me. "Here I am. Send me!"

15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit" of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. -Ephesians 1:15-19

What a beautiful prayer... and this morning I pray it for all of the wonderful wonderful kids in my bible study. It's that difficult time in the semester when it feels like everything has been snowballing and going faster and faster and faster. While I know that they each have a beautiful faith and an amazing love for the Lord and for each other, I pray that they may have the gift of the Spirit... which may encourage them to continue to find time to come to Bible Study, to take a devotional time each morning, so that they may know Him better, that they may know that His power is great to help them succeed in everything... including their studies.

No comments: