Thursday, September 3, 2009

It All Turns Out

I want you to know, brethren, that the things which happened to me have actually turned out for the furtherance of the gospel. —Philippians 1:12

Paul, what a character. Much can be said about Paul... but you have to admire his courage, boldness and absolute faith in God's leading and purpose in his life. Even in the prison, he knew that things were turning out according to God's plan. Lord, I pray that I may be able to have as much faith- knowing that You can and will use me wherever I am.

It's amazing, because I have seen it. I've lived the life of a 'wanderer.' God has sent me to Millville, NJ to Boston, MA to SP, Brazil to Lancaster, PA to Tucson, AZ. And in each place, I have been able to proclaim the beauty of the joy with which God fills my life. He is the amazing blessing that I can't help but share. And God uses me. Thank You, Father, for using me. Help me to be always faithful to You.

When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who knows my way. -Psalm 142:3

Lord, this verse speaks to me today. I am thinking a lot about my decisions for next year. PhD? A job? Seminary? Where would you have me? What would you have me do. I thank You for the blessing that I can trust You so fully. You know my way.

In more than one way, my soul grows faint. I am also worried about the bible study. How will it work out? Am I meant to be here in charge of this? Can I do a good enough job at working through Your word? But, Lord, You have placed me here. I need faith that I am where I need to be, that You know my way.

Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy. -1 Corinthians 14:1

I'm thinking of my brother and worried about what he will do and where he will go next. But I pray that You would guide Him in the way of love. Doing such, he can't go wrong. And reveal to him, his spiritual gifts... as you reveal them to all of us.

No comments: