Friday, September 4, 2009

God's Handiwork- Rain, Mornings, and Brethren

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. —Psalm 19:1

Last night it rained. Now, that might not seem to be big news, but remember... I'm in the desert. When you're in the desert, a much needed rain is like a breath of fresh air, the changing of the leaves, the first fresh fallen snow... it's that sigh of relief that the earth and all of us give together. It's cooling and refreshing to the scorched land. And it is so beautiful. The smell, the breeze, the sky and the way it comes from the mountains. I love to look up at the storm rolling in over the mountains- with the thunder and the lightening- who could deny that His handiwork is amazing!

The beauty of the mountains and the skies and the plants that are now blooming in many brilliant colors point to God's beautiful creative paintbrush. God is so artistic, and I'm so excited that I might go camping this weekend and get to take in so much of it. I can marvel at nature's beauty and my Father's talented hand.

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul. -Psalm 143:8

God is faithful to me every morning, every morning that I meet with Him. I love starting the day with my quiet time and reflections, my reading and prayer. When I start the day this way, I have a path. I lift up my soul to him, and He shows me a direction for the way I should go. Though I'm not quite sure about the whole of my life and where he is leading me, He shows me the way I should go... day by day. Thank You for the morning, Lord... and the direction You give me every morning.

When you come together, everyone has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. All of these must be done for the strengthening of the church. -1 Corinthians 14:26

But God's creativity doesn't just show up in the beauty of the earth, it's also in the beauty of the people he has created... and the beauty of the way that they work together for his good. I can't help but think of my bible study group. God has surrounded me with so many wonderful, talented, and amazing Christians. We have musicians and teachers and cooks and bakers and encouragers and welcoming people and thoughtful people! Just within our group, I can see the amazing nature of how each one can come together and strengthen the church. Every part of our bible study strengthens it, with a word of instruction, interpretation, hymn. Thank You, Lord, for each and every one... may it all be to Your glory.

No comments: