Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Heart of Worship

Answer God
Zechariah 12:10-14:21

"Then they will call on me and I will answer them. I will say, 'You are my people,' and they will say, 'The Lord is our God.'" (Zechariah 13:9)

I truly believe that God is with us and among us, speaking to us still today. Perhaps we just do not take the time to listen for and really hear His word and will for our lives. Worship is one way that we may respond to God's powerful presence in our lives. Right now... as always... I am truly praying to God to help me discern His will for my life... how may I be best of use to further God's kingdom. Right now it still seems a blur, but this I know... in the meantime I can worship the God who has changed my life and given me this desire to follow Him.


Honor God
Psalm 149:6-9

"...God is honored by all who worship him." (Psalm 149:6)

The song goes, "Blessing and honor, glory and power, be unto the ancient of days." Our Lord is so deserving of all of this- all the honor I could ever give. In a society that seems to be losing the value of respect for others daily, it's hard to imagine what honoring God means. To me, it comes back to priorities... making it clear that God is the reason for our decisions, for our motives, for the way we live our lives. Living in a way that would honor our God... and following God's directions as outlined in the Bible. And of course, worship is an all important part of honoring the Lord... a part of our daily lives.


Thank God
Proverbs 31:1-9

"My son, I gave birth to you. You are the son I prayed for." (Proverbs 31:2)

All of the many wonderful parents I know are so thankful for their children, even more so those who have encountering difficulties before giving birth to their precious babies. I know so many parents who serve as wonderful role models... not only in how they raise their children but also in how they worship God with gratitude for these little children. While we may not all have children to be thankful for, we all must agree that we have so many blessings.

When I sit to think, I cannot begin to number them: one more day of life, a beautiful day with gorgeous weather, the beautiful natural surrounding here which God has so wonderfully created, a loving family that has helped me in my growth- spiritual, mental, educational, wonderful friends who have also encouraged me throughout the different stages of my life and so so much more. A great part of my runs is spent thanking God for my ability to enjoy running, the lovely environment and reflecting on the blessings of recent days.

No comments: