Sunday, January 11, 2009

Faith Like You Mean It

Faith in God's Promises Fulfilled
Genesis 21:1-22:24

"And Sarah said, 'God has made me laugh. Everyone who hears about this will laugh with me. No one thought that I would be able to have Abraham's child, but even though Abraham is old I have given him a son.'" (Genesis 21:5-7)

Promises are so important to me, perhaps because of the example that God has given me. The Lord is faithful in all of His promises for our lives... so faithful that it sometimes moves me to laughter, just like Sarah. God's faithfulness is so true and so complete that it moves me to love and adore and praise and serve Him with all my being. "Great is thy faithfulness, O God, my Father."

Faith in God's Guidance
Proverbs 3:5-6

"Trust the Lord with all your heart, and don't depend on your own understanding. Remember the Lord in all you do, and he will give you success." (Proverbs 3:5-6)

There's that word "success" again, and once again I will choose the Ralph Waldo Emerson definition... "to know that one life has breathed easier because I have lived." By remembering God and seeking to follow His will instead of my own, God has directed me to so many amazing and beautiful situations. I have certainly be showered with so many blessings- places I have lived, experiences I have treasured, new and old friends that I have made. Lord, I thank you for all of this 'success' you have given to me... and I praise you for allof these blessings... still seeking Your will in each of these areas of my life.

Faith in God's Protection
Matthew 8:18-34

"His followers went to him and woke him, saying, 'Lord, save us! We will drown!' Jesus answered, 'Why are you afraid?'" (Matthew 8:25-26)

How easy it is to claim faith when all things are right with the world, but a real deep down unshaking faith is what God really desires of us. With that kind of faith, we may still fear the storms, but we will have the confidence that we will make it through. Right now, jobs are scarce, which is hard on many many people. The GCF group is finding it ever more challenging for our dear friends from Iraq who are need of jobs in order to make it here in this new country. Lord, please give us the faith- as well as the wisdom and Your guidance to do what we may to help find Raad a job... we trust in You with a deep down faith, that You- the creator of all things- have the power to grant us this request. Instead of fear, we come to You in prayerful petition, because You Father, are the one who can do all things.

No comments: