Monday, February 23, 2009

Closer to Thee- God's heart, family and home

Heart
Psalm 26:1-5

"Lord, try me and test me; look closely into my heart and mind. I see your love, and I live by your truth." (Psalm 26:2-3)

As Christians, we see to follow Jesus' teachings, to follow Jesus' heart... live according to Him. And Lord, I seek so much to follow You. I try so hard to keep my heart and my mind pure- only wanting those best things for You and all those I come into contact with. That is what makes it so hard when I feel I've done something wrong. Not only do I fear having wronged someone here but I fear failing You, oh Lord. I fear that I have lost sight of your heart... the teachings of Your love and Your truth that I so desperately seek to follow. So, Lord, I ask that You continue to test me, to try me but also to guide me in Your ways... because Lord I want to continue to walk close to Thee.

Family
Mark 3:20-35

"Jesus asked, 'Who are my mother and my brothers?' Then he looked at those sitting around him and said, 'Here are my mother and my brothers. My true brothers and sisters and mother are those who do what God wants.'" (Mark 3:33-35)

In the Hispanic congregations I've had the privilege to worship with, I've felt this so very deeply. Hbg, Maranatha, Campo Limpo Pta, Tucson, we all would greet each other with "hermano/hermana" and "irmao/irma". And literally there is a different feeling, there is a feeling of a family tie among the people in the church. On Saturday I went to a 15th birthday party as celebrated by my "little brother" from the church here in Tucson. And the family was there- with a special church service in honor of Victor. Last night I went to another beautiful church service. And the family was there- praising the Lord and praying for one another. Lord, I thank You for this family... that does what God wants and encourages me to follow Your will for my life and walk more closely to You.

Home
Psalm 26:6-12

"Lord, I love the Temple where you live, where your glory is." (Psalm 26:8)

Where my Lord lives... not a building or a specific place. My Lord lives where His children are working to do His will... wherever His children are seeking His heart. And Lord, I thank You for the many opportunities to reside in this home of yours: where I can talk of Your will, where I can pray to You, where I can experience the love and support of Your children. May I live in Your house forever, here on earth.

Lord, I do earnestly seek to do only what is right in Your eyes.

No comments: