Monday, November 10, 2008

Growing Up

A New Way of Thinking
Ezekiel 11:1-12:28

"I will give them a desire to respect me completely, and I will put inside them a new way of thinking. I will take out the stubborn heart of stone from their bodies, and I will give them an obedient heart of flesh. Then they will live by my rules and obey my laws and keep them. They will be my people, and I will be their God." (Ezekiel 11:19-20)

In so many ways I need a renewed way of thinking, a more obedient heart of flesh. And while I have a very great desire to respect You, Lord, I find myself always falling short. Please renew my thinking and teach my heart how to always be obedient to Your ways, my God. Thank you for helping me along the path to spiritual maturity as I seek always to do Your will which is always to Your glory and honor.

Worship
Psalm 122:1-5

"I was happy when they said to me, "Let's go to the Temple of the Lord." (Psalm 122:1)

Lord, I know that some people really don't understand that I am happy... that I adore every moment that I spend reflecting on You. At church, Bible Study, GCF, this time every morning in your presence... I cannot help but be so very thankful for this gift, a personal relationship with my Lord and Savior. And during this time I spend with Your Word, in prayer, in meditation, in fellowship helps me to grow spiritually. I am always happy to go to Your house and to be in Your presence, Lord God.

More Lessons
Hebrews 5:11-6:20

"So let us go on to grown-up teaching. Let us not go back over the beginning lessons we learned about Christ." (Hebrews 6:1)

As I learn to know You more and more each day, Lord, help me to continue to follow Your steps more closely. My spiritual life should not look the same year after year, if I am sincere in growing in You. May I learn to pray more, without ceasing... remember petition, thanksgiving, and repentance. And give a greater amount with greater joy- both in money, time, energy and talents. Teach me how to serve and be loyal to Your church. And lead me always in studying the Bible... help me to understand, for I know that my understanding is so little. Like a child standing up to a wall chart, help me to grow each day as I follow You, Lord.

No comments: