Thursday, March 5, 2009

Transform

It seems right at Lent, when we seek God' forgiveness, to also seek His transforming power... His Spirit that may teach us and purify us... so that we may no longer sin. Change our lives, Lord- our character, our direction, and our belief.

My Character
Numbers 7:1-8:26

"Make the Levites pure, and present them as an offering so that they may come to work at the Meeting Tent." (Numbers 8:15)

Last night at church, Omar mentioned how a silversmith when asked how he knew when the silver was pure, responded that he knew because he could see his reflection in it. Omar likened this to the way that we should be pure, reflecting God's image... acting in the ways that Jesus would. And when we seek purity of heart and character and thought, then we can present our lives as an offering to the Lord and do His work in this world. Lord, I want to reflect Your light in the world... transform my heart, thoughts, mind... so that I may offer the best to You.

My Direction
Psalm 31:1-5

"... For the good of your name, lead me and guide me." (Psalm 31:3)

This is easy to say, but so hard to do. We can say, take my life and lead me, Father... but we need to be ready. God will take us up on that, and we will hear Him calling us to do so many things if we listen closely. And Lord, I am here... I am listening. I want only to serve You... and I ask that You lead me wherever You would have me go. I will follow You, Lord... for the good of Your name.

My Belief
Mark 9:2-29

"Jesus said to the father, 'You said, 'If you can!' All things are possible for the one who believes.' Immediately the father cried out, 'I do believe! Help me to believe more!'" (Mark 9:23-24)

Sometimes it is so hard to believe... there are tough questions that we don't really have an answer to, questions that we must live with and lift up to the Lord. Situations sometimes also make belief difficult, but we must remember that for the one who believes, all things are possible... not just some but all things. I believe, Lord... I believe that You can take my small life and do great things for Your kingdom. But it is only possible through You. Alone I have no power to do any such thing. Help me to know the purposes You have for my life- help me to believe it more.

No comments: