Friday, March 13, 2009

So Much to Say

God-Given Words
Numbers 23:1-24:25

"Balaam said to Balak, 'When you sent messengers to me, I told them, 'Balak could give me his palace filled with silver and gold, but I still cannot go against the Lord's commands. I could not do anything good or bad, on my own, but I must say what the Lord says.'" (Numbers 24:12-13)

I referenced this yesterday, but since it was repeated in the Word, I think it's worth repeating here. It's more important to speak God's Word and do God's will than all the riches and all the personal gains to which we aspire. The things of God are so much more important, and like Balaam, I hope to be so close to my Lord that what I do and what I say are one with His words and actions. May every word that comes from my lips be Yours oh Lord.

Holy Spirit-Guided Words
Mark 13:1-27

"When you are arrested and judged, don't worry ahead of time about what you should say. Say whatever is given you to say at that time, because it will not really be you speaking; it will be the Holy Spirit." (Mark 13:11)

These two verses come closely linked together, but we have the promise of the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the New Testament. If we trust that what we are saying is God's, then we will trust that we will be given the words to say at the right time. We don't do the work, but ask the Holy Spirit to be with us and guide us in presenting the Lord's word always.

No comments: