Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ready

Ready through Repentance
Numbers 25:1-26:65

"So tell Phineas that I am making a peace agreement with him. He and his descendants will always be priests, because he had great concern for the honor of his God. He removed the sins of the Israelites so they would belong to God." (Numbers 25:12-13)

Oh Lord, how can I thank you for the way you have shown mercy on me... I who don't deserve so many second chances and so much help and love and understanding. But Lord, I am not a 'merecedor.' You love me not because I deserve it, but because You are great and kind and your mercy and love and understanding abound in ways that I could only hope to understand and emulate. Thank You for cleansing my soul, for making me new, for removing my sins and helping me to be ready for that special day... and ready for every day of serving You as best I can.

Ready through Rejoicing
Psalm 34:1-7

"I will praise the Lord at all times, his praise is always on my lips. My whole being praises the Lord. The poor will hear and be glad. Glorify the Lord with me, and let us praise his name together." (Psalm 34:1-3)

This beautiful verse reminds me of Kammy today. What a wonderful friend and beautiful spirit, my new friend from Botswana has. Just last night we had a lovely cook out at Gate's Pass, and Kammy reminded me of who made the sunset as she sang some lyrics of beautiful praise songs and reminded me of the amazing artist who created that sunset for us. Lord, may my heart like Kammy's always sing your praise... so that all may be glad and that we may sing to You forever. Today I thank You for a time to go home, to refocus, to be refreshed and ready to sing Your praises all day long.

Ready through Righteousness
Mark 13:28-37

"Always be ready. Otherwise he might come back suddenly and find you sleeping. I tell you this, and I say this to everyone: 'Be ready!'" (Mark 13:36-37)

God likens us to people who are watching a house. We are on guard and alert. Have you ever felt like you were living life asleep? Things get stale and ordinary and oh so routine. If we are really living a life filled with Jesus, every day is new- filled with new experiences and opportunities to follow Him. We meet new people, learn from others, serve in unexpected ways. While we need to take time to rest, this makes us ready to live life in 'plenitud'...in the fullness that only Jesus can bring.

No comments: