Friday, October 17, 2008

Following

Following with Heart and Mind
Jeremiah 19:1-20:18

"Lord All-Powerful, you test good people; you look deeply into the heart and mind of a person." (Jeremiah 20:12)

"Lord, you seek me and know me..." Another one of my favorite verses, and just as comforting. Look into my heart and my mind, Lord, and guide me. Only You have perfect wisdom and understanding. Lead me to the purpose You have set out for my life.

Following Loyally
Psalm 119:1-8

"Lord, you gave your orders to be obeyed completely. I wish I were more loyal in obeying your demands." (Psalm 119:4-5)

There is so much that I could and should do that is pleasing to You, God. Please help me to not 'get comfortable'. I want to see the opportunities to shine Your light in every circumstance. I am leaning on Your guidance, Lord.

Following the Holy Spirit
1 Thessalonians 4:1-18

"God called us to be holy and does not want us to live in sin. So the person who refuses to obey this teaching is disobeying God, not simply a human teaching. And God is the One who gives us his Holy Spirit." (1 Thessalonians 4:7-8)

Disobeying Your instruction is pure nonsense, Lord... it is going against Your good and perfect plan for our lives. Lord, please help me to listen, to follow, to live wholly obedient to Your will for my life.

No comments: