Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Small Joy as a Reminder of All Joys

Today I have a joy that is small in size but huge and wonderful in my heart! And she has the sweetest little tail! :o)

Many people don't look back to the Lord and thank God when they buy a puppy, but prayers of thanksgiving and praise are what this puppy brings me to... perhaps puppy praise. My Father who has created all things has once again provided for me.

8 Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.

9 Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.

10 Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

11 Look to the LORD and his strength;
seek his face always.

12 Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,

13 O descendants of Israel his servant,
O sons of Jacob, his chosen ones.

14 He is the LORD our God;
his judgments are in all the earth. - 1 Chronicles 16:8-14

And my heart echoes these sentiments. We should thank God for all things, even small things. Even small things are sometimes so important. Like a little puppy. She serves a great purpose for me. After puppy hunting for a couple of months, God has given me a friend for all times and a companion and protector that will be there for me at times when my other companion and protector is in Brazil doing research. Not necessarily a 'need,' but this puppy is a great joy nonetheless... and I'm so thankful for her.

Who can help but marvel at God's wonderful works, when watching a little puppy run or jump or play? All that God has made is wonderful, and I thank Him for this little one that I've come to love so quickly.

Let's thank God for the small joys that show God's greatness and remind us of all joys: for puppies, for church yard sales that bring the community together, for times with friends, for a Young Adult Conference, for a wedding that so many friends and family will gladly attend and participate in.

No comments: